Donate to Restore
The Habitat for Humanity New Castle County affiliate accepts donations to the Habitat ReStore to be re-sold with the proceeds servicing our programs and efforts to build affordable housing in Delaware.
Any item you donate to ReStore is tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Your donations are appreciated, welcome, and needed! To donate to ReStore, items may be brought into the Habitat ReStore during store hours, or you may call the store to schedule a donation pick up.
All donations must be screened before they are accepted by the store for re-sale, so please plan ahead and call Habitat ReStore in advance so that we can work with your schedule.
On average, our donation pick ups are usually booked one to two weeks in advance. If you would like to schedule a donation pick up or have any questions regarding charitable donations to the Habitat ReStore, please call (302) 652-5181 ext. 111. Please leave a detailed message so we can best assist your needs.
What You Can Donate to Restore
Items accepted for donation to The Habitat for Humanity ReStore include new and gently used appliances, furniture, home accessories, and building materials, but there are some limitations.
Due to new federal regulations, Habitat for Humanity ReStore can no longer accept plumbing items that deliver potable water (a.k.a. Drinking water). This restriction includes kitchen and bathroom sink faucets, dishwashers, and water heaters along with the plumbing fittings that lead to these items that were manufactured before 2012. In order to accept any of these items it must be verifiable that they were made in 2012 or later.
Habitat ReStore will no longer accept paint donations from the public. If you would like to donate unused cans of paint, please take your canisters to a Delaware Solid Waste Authority’s Household Hazardous Waste Program site.
Items We Accept
All donations are subject to screening. The following is a list of some of the more common items we accept:
- We prefer complete kitchen cabinet sets, but will accept individual cabinets with all parts included, depending on the cabinet type and its inventory
- Doors that are in good and functioning condition
- Working VCRs and DVD players that are less than 10 years old
- Good and saleable furniture for the home (no office/workplace furniture)
- New and used appliances that are less than 10 years old (dishwashers must be from 2012 or more recent due to new lead laws) clean and in 100% working order that include all parts
- Lighting fixtures that are in working condition
- Mirrors that are framed and intact
- Vanities, sinks, & toilets (must be low flush type) that are in good, operational condition
- Hand and power tools in good working condition
- A variety of windows in good condition that are thermopane (double-paned with a layer of gas) with glass & frame intact