Imagine if your home was so small that your family slept 3 or 4 people to a bed.
How about if your dilapidated house was making you sick, your rent was so high that you couldn’t afford heat and electricity or if your neighborhood was so unsafe your children couldn’t play outside?
What if you had no prospect of ever owning a suitable home?
This was Nate and Zane Webb’s reality living in a cramped, two-bedroom duplex infested with insects and mice. Worst of all, their children could never play outside because Nate and Zanefeared for their safety in a neighborhood where the park was littered with drug paraphernalia and a drive-by shooting had occurred outside their windows.
Then Nate and Zane discovered Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County. And after moving into their four-bedroom, 1,400 square-foot home in Habitat’s new Mill Stone development, the Webbs now enjoy a safe place to call home at just $550 per month – the same amount they had been paying in rent for substandard housing.
The need for simple, decent affordable housing is great.
Through the support of generous friends like you, Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County is leading the way in revitalizing blighted neighborhoods into vibrant, safe and inviting places to live for current and future homeowners one community at a time. And we will continue to provide the opportunity for homeownership for low-income families when we break ground on our newest site – Walnut Ridge.
Habitat’s community of nine townhomes, on the eastside of Wilmington, Walnut Ridge will provide low-income families with the chance to become homeowners of safe, decent and affordable homes.
Your gift to the Annual Giving Campaign ensures our building efforts will continue, creating new opportunities for Habitat’s partner families. These families will no longer have to endure the dreadful experience of sub-standard housing like the Webbs did.
To ensure our building efforts continue, we have set a campaign goal of $100,000. Please join us in reaching this goal by making a gift today.
Thank you for your commitment!
Make A Donation
We know you have heard about Habitat for Humanity — everyone has! Do you know about what our New Castle County affiliate does? We partner with hard-working, low-income families to help them achieve stability and confidence while exploring homeownership. Since our affiliate was founded in 1986, we have built over 200 homes in New Castle communities, providing shelter for over 450 families with the help community volunteers like YOU! Would you like to know how you can make a difference with Habitat for Humanity?
There are many ways that you can help the New Castle community. Make a donation to our 2015 Annual Fund today, and your gift will help us continue our mission to eliminate substandard housing in New Castle County! You may also donate new or used furniture and home building materials to our Habitat ReStore. If you have questions about these, or other giving opportunities (such as donating stocks or bonds, land, cars, planned giving or employee giving matching), call us at (302) 652-0365.
Brick & Mortar Society Monthly Giving Program
Habitat for Humanity of New Castle County Brick & Mortar Society offers you a convenient and easy way to help sustain affordable housing in New Castle County. Through credit card billing, HFHNCC processes your monthly contributions automatically without extra time, expense or paperwork on your part. Regardless of the individual amount, these gifts provide HFHNCC with a reliable stream of support that is vital to building affordable, decent houses that are helping transform lives and neighborhoods.
Gift Society levels:
- Masonry Level ($100/mo or $1,200/yr) builds foundations for better lives. (Heart & Home Society)
- Carpenter Level ($50/mo or $600/yr) constructs walls to give shelter.
- Electrician Level ($35/mo or $420/yr) brings light to those living in darkness.
- Foreman Level ($25/mo or $300/yr) opens doors to brighter futures.
- Apprentice Level ($12.50/mo or $150/yr) makes a direct impact on the lives of the less fortunate.
All Brick & Mortar Society members receive the following benefits:
- Quarterly Habitat Happenings E-Newsletter
- Advance notice of special sales and DIY classes at our ReStore
- Invitations to our home dedication ceremonies to celebrate and meet new homeowners
- Annual Habitat site tour
- An easy-to-read, consolidated donation statement at the end of the year
Transactions occur on the 15th or 30th of every month, beginning the month following enrollment. Transactions continue each month unless you send written notification requesting termination or suspension of the credit card charges. If you have additional questions, please email our Chief Development Officers, Troy Nuss, or call 302-652-0365 ext. 119.
Habitat for Humanity New Castle County offers many sponsorship opportunities for small or large businesses and corporations, faith groups and community organizations. Sponsorship produces name recognition, team building opportunities, and pride of making a tangible difference within the New Castle community and the families we serve.
In addition, sponsorship contributes an immense amount to our donor. Interbrand and Peter Hart Research evaluated the Habitat for Humanity brand. Using metrics similar to those used in comparing other well-known brands, Habitat for Humanity was valued at $1.83 billion. That places the HFH brand similar in the range of corporations such as Starbucks and FedEx. Your sponsorship of a Habitat for Humanity New Castle County home offers your company or organization the opportunity to identify with a highly visible and well-respected brand known for transforming lives and communities.
Welcome Home: $100,000
- This sponsorship covers the costs of building a full home for a Habitat partner family
- 24 build days, including 8 Saturdays and 16 week days
Almost Home: $75,000
- Build the exterior of a home and put in the heating and electrical systems
- 20 build days, including 6 Saturdays and 14 week days
Build the Framework (Exterior of One Home): $50,000
- Build the exterior of one home, including land, foundation, roof, and exterior walls
- 16 build days, including 4 Saturdays and 10 week days
Lay the Groundwork: $25,000
- Cover the costs of acquiring land, engineering and permitting to start a home
- 12 build days, including 3 Saturdays and 9 week days
- Covers the cost of pouring the foundation and adding the first floor
- 4 build days, including 1 Saturday and 3 week days
- Covers the cost of putting the roof on one home.
- 3 week day builds
Team Build Sponsor: $2,500
- 1 weekday build with boxed lunch and other amenities.
Road Show Sponsorship: $50,000 Corporate/ $25,000 Faith
- A Road Show is a special sponsorship where HFHNCC helps you plan an on-site build at your location. Typically these builds are for one day and can involve as many as 100 employees/congregation members.
- Weekday or weekend build for up to 100 people
Questions about Sponsorship Opportunities can by emailed to Director of Grants and Special Event, Natalie Busillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.