GRANTS & PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
MISSION: We seek to put God’s love in action by building homes, community and hope.
VALUES: Perseverance, Honesty, Commitment, Sharing God’s Love, Win-Win, Community, Impact
Reporting to the Director of Development, this position is responsible for the writing and timely submission of grants, preparation of related budgets, and fulfilling reporting requirements. The Grants & Partnership Coordinator conducts prospect research, identifying opportunities for growth, and works in partnership with the development team to insure annual revenue goals are met. The ideal candidate will have the ability to translate program frameworks into compelling proposals and impact reports for institutional funders. This is an opportunity for an individual with strong writing experience to further develop their understanding of program design, implementation, and budgets, as well as gain experience in external relations and the budgetary process.
Manage and develop a portfolio of relationships with funders, to create opportunity for Habitat NCC to implement projects and programs. The Coordinator understands the local donor landscape as well Habitat NCC’s capacity and funding needs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY ROLES:
- Responsible for writing and timely submission of grants, including budgeting and accurate and timely reporting post-award.
- Produces impact reports and communications as needed to effectively steward relationships with key grantors.
- Serves as liaison to community organizations and philanthropic institutions with whom Habitat partners / wishes to partner; including securing annual meetings prior to proposal submission.
- In partnership with the development team, refines, documents and implements the procedures, and processes for preparing proposals and reporting on awards from key donors
- Conducts prospect research to inform development strategy
- Maintains AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) code of ethics and confidentiality of all donor records and information
- Maintains grant calendar in Donor Perfect
- Additional duties as assigned by Director of Development
- 3-5 years of commensurate experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel required; Donor Perfect & Donor Search experience preferred
- Superior Grantsmanship and attention to detail
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with corporate foundation proposals, budgeting, HUD and affordable housing proposals preferred
- Creativity, resilience & resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Bachelor’s degree required
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.